NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 29/09/2011 Fist time ive managed :)

CrazyMike

Catured this using a celestron neximage camera that ive had in the drawer for ages having been frustrated by never getting the darn thing to work.

Finally sat down and went through all the settings and think its working ok :)

I took this pic this evening using it on my skywatcher 6'

Captured using Amcap, trimmed avi with crastrator and processed with registax. Any suggestions on how i could improve it (in noobeh speak if possible) would be great :p

Also think i caught a cheeky Io hanging out next to it :)

post-17464-133877668994_thumb.png

Not too bad CM. What Telescope & or accessories did you use?

Thanks

Dont have a goto ot tracking mount so just get it in frame and ket is drift by as i film

Skywatcher Explorer 150pl

2x Barlow

Celestron NexImage

Processed with:

Castrator

Registax

Thanks

Dont have a goto ot tracking mount so just get it in frame and ket is drift by as i film

Skywatcher Explorer 150pl

2x Barlow

Celestron NexImage

Processed with:

Castrator

Registax

And in English:

Dont have a goto oR tracking mount so just get it in frame and Let iT drift by as i film

... I have terrible typing skills at times...

That looks great! I tried to get a pic last night by putting a camera on a tripod next to the eyepiece and all I could manage was a bright yellow ball!:p I had the ISO at 100 and I think the shutter speed was at about 5 seconds. Any tips?:)

Not had much luck with taking shots through the eyepiece. Took this by making a video using what is essentially a cheap modified webcam :)

But... one thing you could try if you like whacky and totally unreliable methods, when i was trying to get a snap through the eyepeice with a camera, i found that if my camera wasnt perfectly aligned, less light got through and i get a better result, so try shifting it to the side a tiny tiny bit. Bonkers i know! That or bung on a filter to reduce the light. That advice is purely for someone trying to get a random snap through their eyepiece. I managed a few ok pics that way

(Dont have a goto ot tracking mount so just get it in frame and ket is drift by as i film)

In that case you've done very well. It' extremely hard to get all the elements together eg. focus, exposure, and lot's of frames with that method :)

(Dont have a goto ot tracking mount so just get it in frame and ket is drift by as i film)

In that case you've done very well. It' extremely hard to get all the elements together eg. focus, exposure, and lot's of frames with that method :)

Its quite a challenge. Focus is the killer, i touch the focusing wheel and it shakes, lols. When it only takes 10-15 seconds for the target to cross the image its a pain and quite frustrating, lol. Have to let it transit many many times before i can setup for video =/

Only get about 100 to 200 frames to work with

Need to get myself motorised :p

Archived