Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Losmandy Gemini vs Nexstar

I have heard lots of issues over these two but it seems like the Nexstar is generally better rated, any other views.

My reason for this is that I was going to buy a CGEM for viewing and perhaps later imaging with an Orion VX10 and either an 80 or 100mm apo. I will also be buying a Meade LX80 as soon as they become available mainly for alt az viewing.

It then occured to me I could use the Meade for imaging with the VX10 (same load as the CGEM). Which opened up the option of getting a lighter mount now as the most important factor will be to get to dark skies for either viewing or imaging. This means I could get a Losmandy GM8 now for viewing with the VX10 and this should be great for imaging with a smallish APO or std lens on my DSLR. I can run to the GM8 with Gemini if I need or just go for the standard model and wait for goto on the LX80? Help please!! Arghhh!! what should I do!!

Archived