Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5 not recognised

dmahon

After saying how easy the QHY5 guiding solution is, mine has just got right up my nose. Nice clear night, set up the scope and went to start imaging, just like last night. The setup was going smoothly (though there's usually something) but then for some reason the computer wouldn't recognise my QHY5. It tried to reinstall drivers but couldn't find them. I had an "unknown device" in the Windows device manager.

I knew I had the drivers, but I dutifully got hold of them again and copied them to the controlling netbook. Then I tried the QHY5 with a different USB cable and finally on a different computer - no luck.

The unkown device had a similar, but different, hardware ID to that specified in the driver file. I was tempted just to change the driver file, but I googled instead and came up with the following page - which fortunately gives instruction on how to reset the QHY5's ID back to what it should be!

qhy5 reports usb device when plugged in.

If you find that your computer suddently can't locate the QHY5, or if your VID/PID changes (probably to USB\VID_FF18&PID_0901) then maybe you'll stumble on this thread and it will point you in the right direction.

Another 45 minutes wasted!

Archived