Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st proper attempt @ Jupiter sketch. 29.9.11

SiriusB

Firstly, i'd just like to point out i'm artistically challenged, so shy away from sketches & have never seriously attempted to draw Jupiter before.

It was an afterthought to the night.I'd been out dso hunting in the country,but when the sky started getting milky, i headed home & set the mak127 up on Jupiter.

Was quite pleased with picking out a few details, as i find Jupiter a real struggle to observe.

A helpful exercise,but difficult! I may even try it again!:)

Any seasoned sketchers/ imagers got a piccy around a similar time to show me what my sketch should have looked like?

post-21403-13387766822_thumb.jpg

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-planetary/157702-jupiter-uranus-29-09-2011-a.html

Ahh!, found a good image taken around the same time.

Obviously my sketch isn't quite in the same league... but at least you can tell i was looking at the same planet? :), (albeit a back to front one)

Actually I was impressed at how many of the features from the image you captured in your sketch, good work. Have you considered starting with a Jupiter drawing template, basically a flattened white circle on a black page? Or is that not the way proper sketchers work?!

Cheers,

Chris

Actually I was impressed at how many of the features from the image you captured in your sketch, good work. Have you considered starting with a Jupiter drawing template, basically a flattened white circle on a black page? Or is that not the way proper sketchers work?!

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks, I think i have some Jupiter templates, but couldn't lay my hands on them at the time.:)

Will definitely give it another go.

Archived