White light AR1302 Tuesday 27-09-2011

Starflyer

Taken with Orion Optics 10" f/4.8 Newt, 3x Skywatcher Barlow, mono chipped Toucam, Baader solar continuum and Orion Green filters.

I've completely forgotten how to use Registax and I'm sure there's more detail to be brought out with less noise. The combination of the two filters really steadied the seeing and the avi's are the best I've had at this focal length.

post-13749-133877667875_thumb.jpg

Yep, both together, it was an experiment really. I saw someone getting amazing detail using both of these stacked and a high frame rate camera.

The filter is a cheapo Orion #58 green. I tried with the green and it makes focussing easier and gives a bit more detail, I tried with the Baader SCF and it does steady the seeing slightly. I then tried them stacked and the difference was amazing.

I used the Baader filter closest to the camera, mainly because it was already on the webcam, I'm not sure it'd make any difference what order they're stacked in, I'll try it next time the Newt is out.

Archived