NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Experimental Sadr, Cygnus

laser_jock99

Been working on an unpromising 300 second single sub but now almost have a result.

The set-up: Nikon 80-200mm ED zoom, wide open @ F2.8 (200mm end). B+W deep red #091 filter, Fuji IS PRO camera, 300s at ISO3200.

Original sub, a rather washed out pink colour:

Dsir7835_small.jpg

Final Process- (mainly colour correction and getting rid of noise)

DSIR7835_edit3_small.jpg

I think the bloated stars are a combination of poor focus (can't see much through the #091 filter) and operating wide open at F2.8

Still there's a lot of nebulosity for a single shot- might try more experiments later?

I see you caught a satellite during that 5 minute exposure ! There is a photoshop post in the "sticky" area that tells about decreasing the effect. I am going to have to read it too, since brighter stars in my pictures are considerably larger than the dim ones . I think the focus looks pretty good, just check out the trail of that satellite, for instance. Looks pretty sharp to this beginning astro-photographer !

Jim S.

There is a photoshop post in the "sticky" area that tells about decreasing the effect. I am going to have to read it too, since brighter stars in my pictures are considerably larger than the dim ones .

Jim S.

Thanks I'll read through and try to convert the actions to Paintshop Pro (can't afford CS3 just now!)

As you say thats a nice amount of nebulosity in just one 5 min exposure. Is the camera you used moddified for Ha?

Not modified as such- the Fuji IS Pro is an 'off the shelf' DSLR with no built in IR or UV filter.

IS Pro Digital Camera from Fujifilm UK

Takes Nikon mount lenses.

I believe Canon made a simlar DSLR the EOS 20Da a few years ago.

Archived