Help with polar scope please

Hi everyone,

I have just been figuring out my new EQ5 and have now turned my attention to the fitted polar scope.... I have read Astrobabys guide which is fab, however my only question is which index on the time circle do I use? The reason I ask is because if I use the one shown in the guide the result doesnt agree with the polar finder software, however if I use the other scale it does. I always thought you use the one that went clockwise?

I'm sure that either I have done things correctly and I simply use the other scale or the software is telling porkies lol. Help!

if position of polar star position agrees with software, then it must be other scale. I have given up on these scales long time ago and I'm using polarfinder all the time.

how is your new mount performing? Is it goto version?

regards

Adam

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I have actually sorted it all out now and I was correct, the only reason I doubted was because Astrobaby's guide advised to use the other scale on the RA axis. I'm sure it just varies from mount to mount but I checked properly last night, and the polar scope orientation was fine with the Big Dipper where it should be and tracking was fab. I only have the manual EQ5 but it's rock solid with my Skymax 127 and I may get the Goto upgrade at some point..... For now though I chucked the plastic knobs and bought these instead :p

Miscellaneous Page

Archived