NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

difference in eq5 motors

Rustysplit

Hi all,

I am thinking about doing the shoestring st4 mod to the handset of my eq5 with dual drive motors. I am thinking of going the synguider/alternative stand alone guider route as I can't be doing with dragging a laptop outside as well. I am using a dslr for imaging.

My question is this, will these standard motors be ok and responsive enough, or would I be better spending the money on the sysnscan upgrade to get the stepper motors?

I dont really want to spend the money on GOTO if I can avoid it. Much prefer spending hours in the cold and dark TRYING to find stuff myself.

Cheers

Rustysplit

You are probably right. By the time I have bought the various bits'n'bobs for the eq5, I could have got the syntrek Heq5 for not too much more if I sell the eq5. And as you say, I could also image with the 200p as well.

Now, where did I stash the scope slush fund........

You are probably right. By the time I have bought the various bits'n'bobs for the eq5, I could have got the syntrek Heq5 for not too much more if I sell the eq5. And as you say, I could also image with the 200p as well.

Now, where did I stash the scope slush fund........

Wise decision :).

Archived