alignment trouble

I've a sky watcher 127 az goto telescope, whilst messing around with the hand unit i found my self in the factory setting area and reset it to factory settings. tonight i wanted to do some observing and tried to do a 2 star alignment i put in all the relevent info selected the 2 star alignment and it came up with "searching...." and seemed to lock up. i then tried the bright star alignment and still came up with "searching...."and again seemed to lock up. is it possible to wipe all the stars from it's memory.

a very worried marty d.:)

I have that scope too Marty d. I'm no expert but I wouldn't have thought that you have wiped all the objects from the memory...can anybody help out here? Have you had a look at the dedicated SW 127 Mak group on here? There may be some info there that can help. Good luck in sorting it out :)

hi marty , i used to have a 127 mak also ,wish i had never sold it lol , i belive when yoiu reset to factory , it will wipe all user input data , it should still have all the preprogrammed datbase 35,000 objects ect ... ,try starting the scope as you would if it was brand new out the box , follow the instructions lol , as for reflashing , you use the spare cable you got with the scope (the one in the box you have not used lol) to connect to a computer , go on tho the sw website , look for customer support ,and you should be able to update/reflash the handset . best of luck :)

Archived