CG-5 mount problem

Hi I have had a c-6 sgt which is on a cg-5 mount for a couple of years. So far it has been good and relatively easy to set up. However ocasionally when the mount is slewing to an object the casings of the two motors come into contact and prevent the mount from moving. I have to quickley power the mount off when this happens to prevent damage to the motors and gears. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think that updating the firmware will help?

Regards

John

Depends on whether its a CG5-GT or an upgraded CG5. But Ive never had this problem before with mine.

If you stand behind your mount (in its home position) facing North, the dovetail locking bolts should be on your left. I used to have the problem of the DEC housing rubbing against the RA locking bolt - so I filed down the bolt a bit so it no longer touched the DEC housing.

ive seen this happening with my old cg5, just always keep an eye on it when slewing, but i think you can set a limit on how far it slews, ive never done it but i think i seen it in the manual, if you have the manual go through it, i may be wrong but check,

Archived