Calling all SkyWatcher 130P Heritage Dob Users!

Oka-a-ay.

I can get vacuum, nebula, the dwarfs and all that stuff. I can get members, advanced members and even moderators.

But 'banned user' and 'beyond the event horizon'!?

Could a Moderator please explain what that's all about?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When starting off my 130p I looked ar Saturn and Jupes a lot so get yourself a good planetary EP. I went and got a 6mm, just a simple super plossl which works great with this scope. Have a look at these and the brightest stars, learn their names and look at them each opportunity and see how they (and their constellations as you learn them) gradually change positions over say a week, then a month etc. there's a awful lot up there so take your time.

And don't forget the moon! You don't need giant magnification to jump straight into them craters.

You'll want to look at some DSO so get a list, like the Messiers, and start ticking them off. Make sure you look ar the sketches on here and the "what to expect to see" section, I had found a few of them and had just thought they were some sort of wispy cloud until they didn't blow away.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, we all started off somewhere, and I know I'll still be very much a beginner for many years, probably forever lol

Archived