11 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your Favorite iPad/iPhone Astro App>

• Planets
    • pUniverse
    • SkySafari(Pro or Lite)
    • StarmapPro
    • Stellarium
    • Other

Given my recent problems with Stellarium, I thought maybe a poll of the cognoscenti here would be useful. So here it is.

I have these 5 apps on my iPhone and iPad. Stellarium was the first I encountered. The others were added based on recommendations from my local astro society members.

Which is your favorite? It would be most helpful if you post and tell us why. If you know of faults or defects in any, that too would be helpful and interesting. Of course, you should post if you checked "Other" and tell us what and why.

Hope this one gets legs.

I personally use SkyView - Explore the Universe (think its like £1.50 on app store). It works on a compass so as you move the camera through the sky the stars/planets all move on screen and is very accurate. Plus you can search a planet/star and will then point an arrow to where you need to look. I must say the free version isnt as good, mine is the £1.50 app.

Also it gives you projected times for planets and their path across the sky.

Very useful app and probably what i use the most.

Archived