Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tips please!

DaveGarland

Dave is this after processing with Registax? Are you capturing a movie with the SPC? And hey the forum is all about questions and improvement so no need to worry.

If you don't have Registax install it and read one of the many online tutorials on how to process your captured movie

Hope this helps

Dror

Yep, this is after stacking with registax. To be honest I didnt have a whole lot of time as the cloud was starting to roll in so maybe it was all a little hasty. But i quite enjoyed it all. At the moment I don't have a tracking motor either although that's now on my shopping list :)

so in order to try and help you I need some more details: what were the capture parameters? how many fps and how many frames? how many frames were used by Registax (you should have at least 500) ? also have you used the wavlets tab? in any case it also seems that the focus is also a bit of a problem I suggest you make yourself a bahtinov mask. no need to buy just make one out of a cardboard usign a model you can create here:

astrojargon - Bahtinov Focusing Mask Generator: Version 0.4

and most important asyou already said have fun :-)

Dror

Archived