NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another ebony star question

halo1234

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it should be fine as long as there's not too much distance between. the theory is that the bigger the distance between, the more flex there is and the more 'bouncy' your mount. with a small gap it will be unlikely that there will be any give. perhaps you could add a brace for each foot in either ali or wood to further reduce the effect of the gap? I think others have done this too.

generally though (as per my thread) it's better to have the feet and pads as wide apart as possible and directly above each other.

always more than one way to skin a cat :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say, the ebony star & PTFE pads works very well indeed. With the addition of wax it's a big improvement. Much smother & easy to nudge a small amount.

Next project is the Alt friction.

However one big mistake. I used Setting Circles - You are not logged in for the setting circles. I couldn't figure out why the Alz results were nothing close to what they should be. Then I realized, the numbers must were in reverse. E.g what should be 260deg is 100deg. Not sure how, but the numbers are the wrong way around. I'm now contemplating if I should re-do them since it took an age to print lamanate, cut & stick the setting circles down. Plus the 2 trips to staples. I fancy just buying a Astro-fix or digital compass.

post-28724-133877670433_thumb.jpg

post-28724-133877670441_thumb.jpg

post-28724-133877670454_thumb.jpg

post-28724-133877670465_thumb.jpg

Archived