Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help!! Equtorial Platform for 58 Degrees North

Astrobob1973

Would it be too much to ask that someone could calculate the measurements of the North and South Bearings for me? Latitude 58 Degrees ! I've used 2 different calculators so far to figure out the length and height needed to complete the bearings but as always... they both show different measurements. My Dobsonian is a 12" Revelation f/5

I Would like to Thank Moonshane for the offer of help. But all feedback is most welcome.....

The AMOUNT of information out there is great, however its the little things that are never answered. Building a drive system is the least of my worries and it seems like wherever I go there is 75% on building a drive system and 25% on the platform itself. Isn't there a site out there that says, "I've got this scope, with these measurements and I cut my north bearing to 58.02" with a height of say 4.1" and the South Bearing was cut to these dimensions......" Yes I know that it differes based on Lattitude but there have to be some constants involved. Buying a platform at the moment is simply out of the question right now.:)

Archived