NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

GOTO long/lat where ever you go!

I keep reading about people unsure of how to input there co-ords into there GOTO handset and where to get them from.

I myself have had the same problem when i first started, i have always used Google Earth and found this pretty good (and in the correct format).

I have been taking my scopes to different places of late so it has always been a pain in searching for the co-ords, so i bought myself a hand held GPS.

I got the Garmin eTrex (the yellow one) of Ebay for £35, these go for £70 new,

Once it gets the signal, which is pretty quick, it will then show the time and long/lat of where you are, the beauty of this is you can change the format it shows them in, and one of these is what GOTO needs.

Used a few times now at different locations and works very well and have had no problems with the GOTO.

When you think what we spend on Astro stuff £35 is not a lot and if it helps in your setup, which with a GOTO is a matter of using you scope or not i think was money well spent,

for me it is, as like i said i like to travel about, but if you dont maybe not.

Just thought i'l mention how i go about it...it may be some use to others.:)

Archived