Binoculars

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I primarily use a pair of Canon IS 10x30 - the image stabilisation is great and allows me to hold them up for much longer than pairs without.

I also have a pair of Nikon 10x50 - a slightly brighter image but I tend to lie down with them for anything other than a short view.

I'd like to get another pair with even lower magnification sometime.

Jason

Probably the most comfortable way to use large bins or any bins for that matter, is to use a parallelogram type mount, they can be expensive, unless you make your own, lay back in your comfortable reclining camping chair, small table with red light and star maps on one side, table on the other with flask of coffee / brandy ?, view from Zenith to your horizon, the whole lot can be set up in minutes, Orion Telescope and Binoculars manufacture one for bins up to 5.5 lbs in weight :)

I bought a pair of Revelation 15x70s last week (and believe it or not the sky has been clear since) have had some trully amazing views through them, Jupiter, star clusters and also the Moon. They are lighter than I was expecting, although will benefit greatly from a decent tripod. I could not believe the detail revealed in these bins, star colours etc. For £55 all I can say is its the best ££s I have spent yet on stargazing.

Archived