Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn in a bad and windy nigth

mazoaguirre

2 days ago i went out in the back of the house, is an not used wide area with two-story buildings, thats give i little cover of the ligth polution (at least directly) from my town

the preparation was exciting in itself, unpacking the telescope, set it up, open the case of the eyepieces.

the nigth was horrible, wind, humidity, light clouds.

i go out because all weekend wanted but cloudy, so i take the little chance, so i use the nigth to explain to a nephew how to use the charts, idetify some constellations, some stars, this with the naked eyes, because every time i point the scope was hard.

use the time to get familiar with the controls of the telescope again.

without much hope, point the telescope to where it should be Saturn, which was behind a light cloud which made it a faint point of light, guided by the search of stars to locate it and looking for a 32 mm, there was woaw, small but with an elegance like no other, using the same 32 mm but with a 2X barlow saw the space between the planet and rings ... amazing

I've seen better, I have seen two divisions ring but it was still magical.

i want to share this moment

Archived