Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Televue 85 vs ED80

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enjoy... I got a baby TV Pronto a few weeks ago and whilst there may be better doublets out there I love it Retro Chique... and bombproof build...

I Didn't realise that Ben had supplied Olly with his...

Peter...

,,,but this has got me thinking about an 85 as a two-shooter with the Tak. Oh no!!!

Olly

I use mine on a Celestron SE (The larger SE8 Mount) for when I want GO-TO and on a Gibraltar when I just want point and shoot simplicity.

The smoothness of the Gib is great but it has no slow motion controls.

If you want point and shoot with slow motion then something like the Vixen Porta II or Skywatcher AZ4 should be fine.

Cheers

I went through the same guilt trip a while back when I bought my APM/LZOS refractor - seemd like a lot of money at the time but I knew it was a reasonable used price for a relatively rare and top quality item. Apart from an uneasy feeling the first time I looked at my bank balance after the purchase, I have never regretted it - not once, even though I could have bought a brand new WO or similar refractor for the same price. It's worth paying for top quality and it seems like you have a very decent package there for the money. So, relax and enjoy the view.

Alan

Archived