NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Awkward T2 Extension Lengths

Slight conundrum, can't work out how to get an MPCC to the correct distance in my set up :)

Atik 314L - 13mm

T2-T2 - 3mm

Filterwheel 21mm

55 - (13 + 3 + 21) = 18mm

Close enough is not good enough I believe, so does anyone have any ideas on how to get the correct length ..... without breaking the bank (again?) :rolleyes:

what filterwheel are you using ? I think with the Baader MPCC you need 55mm -/+ 2mm to make it work

Nadeem.

BS Astro 5x1.25" (looks virtually identical to the BrightStar one on Modern Astronomy but labelled differently.)

The tolerance would be useful (as I've immediately found a 20mm on Amazon (TS-Optics,) but I can't find anything to confirm that.

Baader Varilock 20mm Spacer

Filterwheel 21mm

Atik 314L+ 13mm

20+21+13 = 54

The baader varilock can be found here:

Baader VariLock 29 - variable T2 Verlängerung 20-29mm

Nadeem.

There's the 3mm T2-T2 adaptor missing from that list. The Atik can't connect to the FW without it - that gives 57mm. As Deneb said though, if there's a tolerance of +/- 2mm it's all good :rolleyes:

Just need to find some evidence.

Thinking about things without alcohol is much easier than with :rolleyes: If I replace the 3mm thing, I can do this:

Atik 13mm

Baader T2 Inverter 0mm (it's internal!)

T-extension 10mm

Filter wheel 21mm

T-extension 10mm

That gives 54mm, then all I need to do is use a 1mm Delrin ring at the best looking point along the chain and I've got the magic 55mm!

Thanks guys, and steppenwolf for the PM assist :)

Archived