Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So I can use my micro 4/3rds DSLR with a f3.3 reducer? are my calculations correct?

evilgeenius

Hi

I think I might be able to use a Meade f3.3 reducer with my GH1 mirofour thirds camera and get decent results. Although it's not practical with a normal DSLR because of the very large back focus/flange distance (~40mm for EOS), with my GH1 camera the back flange distance is only 20mm so it's easier. Also the sensor size is a bit smaller than a normal APS-C sensor, so there might not be too much vignetting.

Could someone just check that this logic is sound please ?? :

Using the focal reducer calculator here Focal Reducer Calculator I can see that the distance between f3.3 reducer and sensor is 59mm, . This leaves plenty of distance to fit in the T-ring and T-adaptor. My sensor has a 22.5 mm diagnoal and the focal reducer calculator says that the Width of the unvignetted field (imaging circle) is 22.1. So it seems that it would fit on the sensor nicely.

Does this sound sound?

Edit: Oh I forgot to add that I have a CPC925.

Cheers

Chris

The f3.3 reducers show really rotten coma with anything larger than a chip around the size of the one in the Meade DSI unfortunately.

Give it a go though if you have one, but you don;t want to buy one and find it's useless.

Cheers

Rob

Archived