It never ends

So far in my fruitless attempts to get "Sharpcap" to install on my Windows XP laptop I have had to install

Windows Installer 3.0 followed by

Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0

And STILL Sharpcap will not install- all I get is "The installer was interupted before Sharpcap was installed. Please restart the installer" confused.gif

Just what am I doing wrong? Why do others seem to be able to do this so painlessly? I'm not a complete thicko- I have written computer software in the past and done interfacing with external devices before it all became "plug and play" mad.gif

There is a whole thread dedicated to SharpCap in the Imaging Discussion board. If you post your query there, the software author, rwg, will see it and help you out. Alternatively, you can PM him and he'll come to your rescue!

Hope it's running for you soon. It is a good program.

There is a whole thread dedicated to SharpCap in the Imaging Discussion board. If you post your query there, the software author, rwg, will see it and help you out. Alternatively, you can PM him and he'll come to your rescue!

Hope it's running for you soon. It is a good program.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Have you considered wipeing your PC and re-installing windows? did this recently with a vista laptop I have and a lot of the little problems like the ones you speak of are gone. Also did you restart the pc after updating the .net framework?

Have you considered wipeing your PC and re-installing windows? did this recently with a vista laptop I have and a lot of the little problems like the ones you speak of are gone. Also did you restart the pc after updating the .net framework?

Did the restart but don't have the original CD to reinstall Windows

Another idea!!!

just had a look at the sharpcap install file and realised its a zip file. What are you using to unzip? also have you tried saving the zip file to your desktop then unzipping it and then running it?

I use winRAR

WinRAR (32-bit) - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Just an idea, might not work. I know how you feel this is what normally happens with me but so far (touch wood) all the astro related PC stuff ive done has worked ok.....just luck i guess

great software but its not just you that as had this prob clunky machines and all the rest, give craterlet a try its not as good looking. the gui is not great but for planets i think it just clips sharpcap to the post but say in that i use sharpcap all the time,but id seeing is good then its craterlet all the way

Archived