Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sharpcap does not show camera?

Johnboy2011

I've just reloaded lots of software and think I must have missed something simple. With either my SPC900 or QHY5 plugged in to the USB Sharpcap does not show the camera as a choice. I'm not sure if the QHY5 works on Sharpcap but the Phillips obviously does.

Have I forgotten to do something obvious?

John

Join the club. I'm flumoxed if I can get things to work...

After much trashing I have got the driver to recognise the camera- John's advice is good.

Now all I need to do is get "Sharpcap" working and when I do that and get a image file to work with, then Registax.

At this point Sharpcap will not even load!

Install latest drivers and ASCOM drivers for QHY5 from here: QHY CCD software Download

Also you may install QGVideo and PHD to test if the cam is working. PHD will test the ASCOM driver, while QGVideo native :) I've tried to use QHY5 with SharpCap on my old laptop but it didn't give correct image. Nebulosity also currently has problems with QHY5* cams.

Archived