The Sun 19 August 2011 white light

Bizibilder

thankyou iam new to this tryed my spc900 but could not get it to focus and these were taken with a fuji film camera held against eyepiece so they are not much good. iam useing a sw 150pl with a 25mm ep but have a good colection of ep.thankyou for any help you can give.

Holding the camera to the eyepiece makes focussing really difficult! It is also responsible for the "dark tunnel" of the shot. Are you sure that you cannot focus with the webcam? (I assume you are fitting it directly into the focusser without an eyepiece) It should be OK? If not then put the barlow in first and the camera into the barlow and try with that - it will be tricky and the easiest way is to focus on the edge of the Sun's disk first then move to the sunspot area and "fine tune" it.

Hope this helps.

will try again tomorrow but i did not use a barlow so if i put a barlow then webcam and focus that should work i may try it ona distant object first to see if i can work it out many thanks for the help.

same day, this is the best picture i ever took of the Sun's spots, i used my compact against the eyepiece, the focus is a little different from the eye, i'm used to zoom on the edge of the sun, focus and then zoom back and take a picture, for some reason the 19th worked really good, all the others days thesun's spots never came out this sharp :rolleyes: the camera seems not to focus them really good... misteries of the cosmos... lol

6059243290_6754d8cd72.jpg

The Sun and its Sun's spots 2 19 August by Ayaka83, on Flickr

Archived