Solar Ha Mosaic 14 August

smerral

I did 20 captures with the spc900 and barlow lens and the PST, 10 captures for the proms, and then spent the rest of the day processing. I'm still learning but these are the results. I also took a close-up with the Tal x3 of the large prominence on the southern limb.

sun-ha-mosaic.jpg

sun-ha-mosaic-invert.jpg

sun-ha-mosaic-flat.jpg

sun-ha-mosaic-flat-invert.jpg

solar-eclipse.jpg

prom-tal-1-develop-flip.jpg

Those are incredible with just a PST :):icon_salut:

How did you manage to stitch them without the joins showing? What program do you use? I have been very unsuccessful in doing that - so much so that I am dreaming of getting a DMK41 so that the whole disc can be done in one go.

I like the first image best as it shows the limb darkening nicely. I can see what you are doing with the third image but am not so keen on the limb "lightening"

Dave

Those are incredible with just a PST

How did you manage to stitch them without the joins showing? What program do you use? I have been very unsuccessful in doing that - so much so that I am dreaming of getting a DMK41 so that the whole disc can be done in one go.

I like the first image best as it shows the limb darkening nicely. I can see what you are doing with the third image but am not so keen on the limb "lightening"

Dave

Thanks a lot Dave. Yes I agree with you: in the cold light of day the first image is still the best - difficulty to achieve consistency across the disc with the PST. The program I used for the stitch was Autopano Giga 2.5 - Home | Image-stitching software for Windows, Mac, Linux | Kolor

Archived