NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

6x30 finder + neximage for guiding?

No - that is the interface for EQMOD which we've already established is a red herring for your particular setup.

You need either a shoestring GPUSB or hitecAstro equivalent

First Light Optics - HitecAstro USB Guider

Just makes sure your preferred guiding application supports them. Of course if your handy with a soldering iron and can write your own embedded code you can build these thing yourself. For instance I made my own ST-4 interface box based around a PIC microcontroller - It received LX200 type guide commands via a rs232 connection (some guide applications provide LX200 support) and drove four relays for the ST-4 outputs.

Chris.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is confusing - but you will get there. You have a mount and a plan for how to modify the basic slew control handcontroller to accept ST-4 inputs. You then need to find some guiding software to run on the PC that is capable of driving the these ST-4 inputs. This will require some kind of hardware interface which is where the GPUSB type device comes in. I seem to rembember that way back before these USB boxes came along folks used PC parallel port outputs to drive simple relay boxes to do this kind of interfacing - I believe guidedog still support this method so that may be an option if you want to self build (and your PC has a parallel port!).

Chris.

thankyou, you have summarised what i will need in one post, somehting i havent found so far :)

I saw the parallel version.. ~ 15 quid cheaper, tho i would need a parallel to usb converter which may cost that amount anyway :smiley:

but i now know what i need to get going so once more, thankyou :evil6:

tom

Archived