help please

i cant get my to align properly tonight,

i,m convinced that i,m putting my cordinates into the handset incorrectly,

on google earth my location is

52 31 56 n

0 59 31 w

i put these in and locate arcturus which i do then the scope slews to vega but is way off i allign useing controller it tells me align succesful but when i then go to an object its way off.

i,m using skywatcher synscan dob

help please

With regards to the other data, are you using the correct time, the American input of date Month Day and Year? Are you centering the star in the eye piece rather than the finder scope? Power supply, what are you using as your power supply as any fault here can make any scope do funny things.

Lastly I guess you have tried the alignment several times - does it always show the same result i.e does the mount slew in the same wrong direction by the same amount?

That will keep you busy!:smiley::D

James

Edit Sorry Kh3ldar you got there before me as I took too long typing.

With regards to the other data, are you using the correct time, the American input of date Month Day and Year? Are you centering the star in the eye piece rather than the finder scope? Power supply, what are you using as your power supply as any fault here can make any scope do funny things.

Lastly I guess you have tried the alignment several times - does it always show the same result i.e does the mount slew in the same wrong direction by the same amount?

That will keep you busy!:smiley::D

James

Edit Sorry Kh3ldar you got there before me as I took too long typing.

It's all good :evil6:

cheers guys

feel really stupid !!

it was the day,date the wrong way round!

thanks for that

although after messing about for ages the clouds are comming in now!

thanks

andy

At least it's sorted and you won't do that again :) It's not that stupid though, blooming Americans :)

Archived