Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Strange 'Streaks' Near Slough/West London

Skiddins

A few nights back, possibly Thursday/Friday just after 11pm I saw what I presume to be a meteor burning up.

It wasn't the typical small white streak across the sky you sometimes get but was a big (by comparison) flash of light followed by something streaking across the sky whilst throwing off what looked like a few giant sparks just before it disappeared.

I considered that it may have been a firework rocket although this was in the direction of the M25 and heading straight down and made absolutely no sound.

Then on Saturday I saw another almost identical except this was almost horizontal and heading from East To West.

Both incidents lasted maybe 1/2 second, much like a normal 'shooting star' except these did seem much, much, bigger and closer, especially with the 'sparks' coming off them.

The problem, with me being a newbie etc is that I have nothing else to compare it with.

Might try searching Youtube to see if I can find something similar.

Skiddins

Sounds like a fireball, which is a larger than normal meteor. I've seen a couple of them fragment into several pieces before fading out. They can also leave a persistent trail for a few seconds. I've also heard a loud crack when it fragments on at least one occasion.

Archived