Skywatcher 200p Dobsonian Users!

i havent got any pictures but i only recently got mine. i live in pretty lp area got some streetlights from the main road out front, and just past my back garden is a motorway. ans i saw the ring nebula, andromeda, and jupiter and 4 moons the other day all pretty good. so i think it will be even better in a darker loction.

hope that sorta helps

George, your sig says you're soon to get a 150P. Are you trying to decide whether to go the extra 2"? If you're thinking of visual use, don't go by images, which are deceptive.

George, your sig says you're soon to get a 150P. Are you trying to decide whether to go the extra 2"? If you're thinking of visual use, don't go by images, which are deceptive.

Yes I am infact, I would like to see deep sky objects in which the 200p can see more in reviews by 'The Sky At Night' and detailed visuals of the Moon. Do you think it is worth paying £80 extra for this reason.

Many Thanks for the reply,

Yes I am infact, I would like to see deep sky objects in which the 200p can see more in reviews by 'The Sky At Night' and detailed visuals of the Moon. Do you think it is worth paying £80 extra for this reason.

Many Thanks for the reply,

Hi George

If the money is not a problem then yes it's worth it.

Regards Steve

At a dark site (where you can see Milky Way naked eye) either a 6" or 8" scope will show literally hundreds of DSOs. At a light-polluted site either will give good views of bright DSOs (planetary nebulae and clusters) and will struggle with galaxies, though the bright inner regions of larger galaxies (e.g. M31, M81) will be visible.

An 8" will show slightly fainter objects than a 6": the difference is about 0.6 magnitude. This is not enough to turn faint fuzzy blobs into Hubble telescope images, so don't expect too much.

The most immediately noticeable difference is the greater size and weight of an 8", though the whole thing can still be lifted in one piece and is easily transportable by car.

The Moon will look fantastic through either scope, viewed from any sort of site.

i would say the 8inch as i already have it ;). but i have never seen a 6 inch.

i was told on sgl that aperature is king! so i went with the biggest i thought i could manage with as it was my first scope

it is a little bit heavy but you can lift as 1 as was written above .but i would order a telrad finder or something similliar as it made all the difference with me.

hope you get sorted soon

clear skies

chunky

Archived