NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW 200p or SW 200pds - which way to go?

I did read the thread on this subject that was running 9 months or so ago, so I hope this isn't too dumb a question, but in my defence, I'm pretty new to all this stuff and am currently looking to buy a 200p / HEQ5 Syntrek (and use with EQMOD) for visual and astrophotography

Anybody know if it is possible to use Sky-Watcher's Newtonian coma corrector (Prod.Code 20233) that is designed to improve imaging when using the 200pds with the vanilla 200p?

I guess I'm hoping that somebody will confirm this is a valid way to go to produce a neat one-scope solution for great visual observing and also enable me to image both with webcam and DSLR (Canon Rebel T1i) and get some encouraging pics.

Jenna

• 3 weeks later...

I have the old blue 200P, and the Skywatcher Coma Corrector works perfectly with that one (I did need to change the old 1.25" rack and pinion focuser for a 2" one, but I assume the new scopes have a 2" as standard). I assume the new ones are the same optics but in the lovely new diamond black livery.

Archived