Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7000 North America

Espi

Still quite new to all this but I figured it was time to post one of my deep sky shots now the nights are starting to get darker.

NGC7000 North America nebula taken with an ED80/HEQ5 Pro/Canon 1000D. Polar alignment wasn't very good and some clouds rolled in over Polaris so I only used 30 second exposures at ISO1600. 110 mins of data, 70 darks and 30 flats. Stacked in DSS and processed in photoshop.

It was 22c when I started, final image seems noisy and had to crop out amp glow bottom right but considering my lack of processing skills I'm pleased how it turned out. First time using Noels/Annies Actions so any tips on processing would be appreciated.

post-21706-133877640612_thumb.jpg

Great image for the amount of data and sub length! You've processed the detail well, but could probably get a bit more star colour out of it. If you used DSS, try stacking with RGB background calibration.

Archived