Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A little solar observing / imaging

Earl

As I have the astro setup sorted now... (well until the wind changes direction.... )

If I wanted to dable in some Solar things.

What are the options around a Coronardo, is it light enough to add to my existing Scopes so as to not need to remove everything?

I presume my DMK is ok for imaging, any filters needed for this?

Its not going to happen straight away, but the Kids are quiet keen so its something im going to consider.

The PST weighs in at around 3lbs, so in theory you should be able to piggyback it on an existing set up easy enough but whether you need any extra support I don't know. The DMK's do seem to be the camera of choice with the PST at the moment too, it's what I'm saving penny's for.

iv got a coronado earl its quite a light scope works perfect on my 3-2 with out any weights (the bar seems to balance it fine) so in essence u can piggy back it.

it also has a camera tripod hole i usally attach mine on dovetail with the camera screw (from piggyback) but u could easly put it on a quick release (just make sure the QR plate and head is stirdy enough the pst is very expensive to drop)

Archived