NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What a difference a few miles makes!

Neilius

Starting yesterday, I am 'catsitting' at my mothers house, which is in North Leeds, near the millionaires row of Wigton Lane. Last night as I stood outside for a smoke it was a clear sky and WHAT a SKY! With averted vision I could see the Andromeda galaxy, stars that are down to 4.5 mag and other nebulae that would be impossible to see in West Leeds where I live.

I only wish I could have brought my telescope, or at least my bins.

Ah well!:)

You should have at least taken your binos! We don't seem to be getting many clear nights of late so we can't afford to miss the good ones, especially if you away from light pollution. Glorious day here in the Midlands, does that mean it will haze up tonight? Hope not as my binoculars will definitely come out.

I would go back home to get the bins but it takes the best part of 3 hours, there and back, on public transport. It's quite a journey, from one side of Leeds to the other. Even in a car I guess it could take upto an hour :)

Archived