LDN673 LD684

ollypenrice

Having made a start on this early in the month with Yves I came back to it two nights ago. These dark nebulae are strange and interesting to process. You need to leave a huge space to the left of the histogram peak because that's what you're interested in!

All Tak FSQ85ED on iOptron IEQ45. Initial run in OSC camera (about five hours) then an hour per colour in the Mono, so about 8 Hrs all in. One more run would be nice so as not to use any noise reduction. I did use some here on the very sooty stuff.

Nice little filamentary runs of stars all over the place in this FOV.

Olly

LDN673-LDN684filtered-X2.jpg

Lovely image Olly. So the Ioptron works well then with the Tak? What length of subs did you use?

Yes, a very painless mount to use. I think the OSC subs were 10 minutes and the mono were certainly 5 mins but I have also done plenty at 15 mins. Restart from park is the best I've ever used, which is a time saver.

Olly

Archived