Well, that's frustrating...

JamesF

I'm on holiday in southern Brittany at the moment, and knowing that there's a bit more useful darkness in France than the UK I thought I'd bring along the Mak with the hope of getting a few nights viewing in whilst we're here.

Unfortunately I'd not accounted for the fact that we're staying in what is effectively almost a woodland and that regardless of the five clear skies we've had in the last nine days, my view is restricted to a patch of sky about fifteen degrees wide from just south of the zenith to about twenty degrees above the horizon just west of north, where the bright lights of St. Nazaire are doing their best to spoil the view. Then there's a "streetlight" on all night about thirty metres to the east and another a similar distance to the north-west :)

Right now (11pm-ish, local time), I can see Vega and a couple of the stars in the head of Draco and that's it.

James

Archived