Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Start of a Dumbbell Project

Bizibilder

Finally a clear night! So the first 50mins of a project to get a planned and worked out image (rather than just shooting a few subs and hoping!). (ED80PRO/reducer on HEQ5, EQMOD/ASCOM, Canon 1000D unmodded at ISO800, 2min subs, guiding via 50mm finder/QHY5 and PHD).

I intend adding to this as clear nights permit so any help/hints/tips greatfully received.

post-17157-133877640002_thumb.jpg

Looking good but small, forget the reducer. If the corner stars are really bad crop them out.

Some of the stars look to be strongly cyan showing a lack of red at the bright end of the data. Curves will fix it. Background a bit too dark?

Dennis

I got out again last night (30/31 July) and manages a further 2h 40m of 2min subs. I still have the reducer in as I wanted to keep everything the same and just concentrate on subs and processing. So the image below is only the new data - I need to stack both sets and post them too!

post-17157-133877640777_thumb.jpg

Archived