Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

300D mod Problem

NickRose2006

Ok, so today I decided to do a full spectrum mod on my Canon 300D. It went smoothly until I turned it on to test it out. It gave me a Error 99, so I took the battery out and put it back in, but the shutter button and the main dial next to it would not work. So I took it apart and found that one of the ribbons was not fully in its connector. Now the shutter button and dial works but when I turn on the camera the shutter/mirror opens and shuts maybe 10 times or so and when I press the shutter button it does the same thing even when I have it on single.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Is there another ribbon not fully connected or something else?

when I did my 300d, I had to redo it 2-3 times before it worked. The seating of the ribbon cables was quite tricky, just had to keep redoing them. Also ensure that the CF slot door button is pressing/depressing correctly.

Well I took it apart again all the way to where the CCD ribbon connects and cleaned all the ribbons, reconnected, and it works now. But for some reason I keep on getting the CbC or C6C error, is this a big deal or is it ok to ignore?

Archived