Solar disk in H-a with a DSLR 240711

Photosbykev

A nice blue sky had me out with the PST again shooting the sun with a Canon 7D and Hyperion 8-24mm EP @ 16mm. The processing including debayering the surface detail image and then running DBE in PixInsight across the disk to lessen the hot spot effect. The final disk image was then blended over an image containing the prom detail.

240711_comp.jpg

I also shot a handful of avi files using EOS movie recorder, I'll post them later IF they work out lol

Very nice. :)

That debayering method seems to work out alright.

I got 30 minutes in before the patchy clouds came back to practice with the live view on the laptop, I'd be happy if I could get half as good as that. But have to go to dinner so I'll see what I have after that.

a play with EOS Movie recorder to record the Canon 7D live view image at x5 magnification. This was a 60 second video containing 1800 frames processed in Registax using 80% of the frames. Pretty noisy but not unreasonable for a DSLR

out1_9_wav.jpg

Archived