First Imaging spell hopefully...

Hi all,

I am hoping that I can start my first imaging session tonight.

I have my Phillips 880 flashed webcam, I have a 1,25 " adapter,I have Vlounge and Registax. (and my pc).

My Eyepieces are the Revalation plossl set .

Scope (MEADE LS 6 " ACF).

Now for my imaging do I set up the scope on my target and then pull out the eyepiece and replace with the webcam or do I attach the webcam to the scope leaving the eyepiece in place?????

Thanks very much All,

Andy.

Todd having problems with sharpcap. It will only open with windows media player as it is saving as an avi file ??

Regards

hi it will still run in registax with no probs is that what you are use in to stack ?

try this to convert the avi

Any Video to DVD Converter and Burner - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

its free siftware

but you need it as avi to run in registax most stacking software is avi any more help ask away thanks pat

Cheers, I have got the images working now in registax and I can open the avi vids with windows media player. The computer just does not seem to know that sharpcap is the program that's creating the avi files but I can still open them. I will get that converter and see how I go.

As for more help, I went out last night but had trouble connecting the 880 cam to the scope. It does need a ep in front of it on the scope ??

thanks Andy

no eyepiece needed in the scope. the camera's 1.25" nose piece slides directly into the focusing tube. you can use a barlow between the camera and focusing tube if required to increase the scopes focal length. aim for an f ratio between f20 and f32

if your having problems opening avi files a great tip i was told was to download a piece of software called virtualdub

Welcome to virtualdub.org! - virtualdub.org

its another capture and processing utility but if you open and re-save your avi that your having problems with it apparently saves as a true avi and resolves your problems. im no computer wizzard so dont know what the program actually does to acheive this

Thanks nova I will give this a go. I had my first time last night with the phillips 880 and to be honest, I only shot Antares as I couldn't find anything else lol.(In the imaging section if you want a laugh). I now have to get used to what Eps I will be having to use to pick these objects out.Thanks for letting me know that I can use the barlow between the 880 (flashed to 900) and the scope.

Regards and Thanks,

Andy.

Archived