Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Elephants Trunk - IC1396

Does anyone have any OIII data that they are willing to share with me to complete the Elephants Trunk.

I'm of course willing the share the H Alpha data.

I started my imaging run last night and have 1 hours worth at the moment. Hopefully by the end of tonight I'll have another 1-2 hours of data.

Unfortunately, I don't have an OIII filter

Telescope is the TOA130F @ F7 with the ST10 to give you an idea of image scale. Object is centered is the frame, I'll post the raw data tonight from home.

Here it is, I have had to use quite a bit of noise reduction since my darks didn't work and I'm current making new ones at the correct exposure time and temperature. It looking good for tonight so hopefully I'll be able to add a couple of hour of data plus flats in the morning.

Thanks for looking

post-15658-133877637153_thumb.jpg

Sent you some SII and OIII Neil, hope you can use it matey!

Matt.

Cheer Matt,

The data looks good and the weather is also still looking good for tonight... My new darks are nearly finished, ran 25 off in the refrigerator!!! Andy's not happy with me!!!:BangHead:

Here is the data gathered from last night.

H Alpha only = 18x 800sec subs

New dark were created at the correct exposure since the existing ones didn't scale very well. Flats have also been applied.

All processing done in PI with the last steps carried out in PS.

Perhaps the first one is a little to dark?

I hope you like it.

post-15658-133877637331_thumb.jpg

post-15658-133877637544_thumb.jpg

Archived