Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi, I'm a complete novice (in every sense of the word) for processing images. I haven't a clue on how the hell to do it. Would somebody like to tackle my images for me as I've tried one and I'm lost completely!

I have uploaded the GIFs for you all to play with.

The colour image is the one I tried to tackle.

Pictures in order, (1) My Attempt at processing Sagittarius A,(2) Eagle Nebula to be stacked with (3 + 4), (5) Milky Way and (6) Sagittarius A.

Please help!

Many Thanks.

post-27258-133877636967_thumb.jpg

post-27258-133877636974_thumb.gif

post-27258-133877636983_thumb.gif

post-27258-133877636994_thumb.gif

post-27258-133877637003_thumb.gif

post-27258-133877637012_thumb.gif

sorry to say but GIFs are particularly pointless. They carry virtually no information at all. You need good colour depth to process anything. It can be done to a very limited extent with a jpeg provided it is posted with hardly any compression but the resultant quality will be a lot lower than even an 8bit TIFF with no compression.

To have any chance at all you need to make a 16bit TIFF available, thats why you see all this swapping going on using Dropbox or similar. The forum cannot handle the large files.

Dennis

I can't see nowt in the Milky Way image.......... all milk and no way!:)

As for Sagittarius,it's very difficult to see the stars for the clutter plus I'm not at all sure what I'm looking at. Not really familiar with the area as it is too low in the sky for me................ anyhow,this is what I came up with,misshapen stars and all.

post-13495-133877637859_thumb.jpg

I can't see nowt in the Milky Way image.......... all milk and no way!:)

As for Sagittarius,it's very difficult to see the stars for the clutter plus I'm not at all sure what I'm looking at. Not really familiar with the area as it is too low in the sky for me................ anyhow,this is what I came up with,misshapen stars and all.

Thankyou once again Cloudwatcher. You are a complete legend!

Once again thankyou ever so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived