NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which camera ballhead?

I want to take more widefield shots with my DSLR piggy backed on my LX200 and/or on a dual mounting bar attached to my HEQ5Pro. My present ballhead mount is a tad flimsy and I'm looking for something a beefier. I needs to be able to carry a Canon 1000D + 200mm lens. As always, I'm on a tight budget (max £45 - preferably less).

At the moment I'm minded to go for the Manfrotto 464RC2 if I can find one secondhand. Is this man enough? Any thought and/or alternative recommendations welcome.

Cheers

Michael, I don't have any direct experience of this one..

Red Snapper RSH-12 Ball Head

but it's in the price range, rated at 10Kg...

I do have a redsnapper tripod and 3 way head, and it holds my C80ED easily. It's what I use to support the C80ED, 2xTC and macro tubes (about 1600mm) with the 450d on the tail for my one shoot moon and sun shots.

I use the Manfrotto with a Canon 450D / 200 mm lens and other lenses. No problems once the bolt is tight...I always double check, as i thought it was tight a couple of times, but it was not, and I had some swing-age. Other than that, great piece of equipment.

Archived