Edge HD 11 Inch confusion

Hi All

A friend of mine is interested in a Celestron Edge HD 11" OTA.

Looking around at prices, the average is about £3900-£4200

However Ian King imaging selling them at £2800

Thats a difference of a £1000

of course i will tell my friend to go to Ian King Imaging.

but any ideas why the big diffence, its really cofusing

paul j

Hi Olly

my friend eventually called ian king and according to my friend the price is correct

amazing deal if he goes with it, just wondering why everyone else is so much more

paul

I got one from FLO that was from the first batch before the price increased....£3100 or thereabouts I think was the price.

Ian King is a toip bloke....your friend won't go wrong with anything from him.

Rob

A select few dealers had these special deals on - a couple of weeks ago it was just green witch and Ian King.

Green Witch have sold their stock.

The offer also applied to the C9.25 at £2198 for the OTA.

I was considering but the deal for the regular C9.25 OTA from FLO was so good it was hard to justify the extra.

It depends what you want the scope for.....if you are a DSO imager, then the Edge series are vastly better than the regular celestron SCT's....I've tried mine out with a DSLR and the field is as flat as a pancake right to the edge of the frame. You won't get this on a conventional SCT design.

If you're a planetary imager, or visual astronomer, then the conventional designs are fine.

Rob

Archived