Windows updates help, please.

I'm no genius with computers so keep it simple! The ever meddlesome Mr Gates has invaded my computer with his updates, one of which has not worked. Every day it retries to install itself and fails, wasting ages. This is on the loathsome Vista. How do I get rid of the thing?

Olly

This has happened with me several times with Win7 Pro.

I just manually installed the update from the Windows website and the problem went away.

I hate it when it happens though, the normally speedy boot up becomes very slow with these false updates, because Windows tries to "configure" them, only to have the same cycle happen again during power-down. Grrr...

what version of windows are you running? if windows 7 or vista you can go to updates in control panel, find the update right click and disable the problem update, ofc if you feel you need the update you can manually download and install it using microsoft download site

Archived