Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepeice Stuck lens

Hello,

I got a cheap multi lens eyepeice which has been forced together, the bottom lens has been stuck in at an angle, i have been trying to get it out without damaging it and its just jammed, used fairy etc submurged it in water, anyone have any idea's?

Thanks

Is there perhaps a way it can be unscrewed any further? do you see any retaining rings with pinholes or grooves? Or can the barrel be removed from the body?

Have you tried heating it? Pour hot water over the outside to heat that up - that will expand the eyepiece body more than the lens.

Failing either of those, since it's a cheap one, just try forcing the protruding side of the lens in to get it square again.

Good luck

Andrew

i have still cleaned the lens and put it all back togeather, the lens in the 2nd in the optical path, the effect of the chips actually isnt as bad as i thought, its a 70degree eyepeice and it has 2 circles on one half taken out that go about 2/3rd to the center so not a total loss i think

Archived