NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade 10x50 bins

Just picked a brand new pair of these up from Telescope House (BC&F) in Tunbridge Wells this week - £20, what a bargain :)

I haven't had a chance to try them out on what matters yet but they seem excellent.

I've noticed other threads regarding the Bresser 10x50's on sale at Lidl(?) but I'm not sure if these are the same binos. Mine have Meade and the Meade logo written on them and the neck strap has Meade on it too but the instruction booklet supplied has 'Bresser' written on the front. They look identical to pictures in another thread regarding the Bresser binos apart from the brand name written on them. So do Bresser buy them from Meade and rebrand them or vice versa OR are they made by another manufacturer and rebranded by both Meade and Bresser?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to a clear night. It's been years since I looked at the night sky with ANY optics since I sold my Fullerscopes 8.75" reflector.

I'll be buying another scope soon though - Celestron C9.25XLT is top of my list at the moment but that may change.

<edit>

I've just read the other thread http://stargazerslounge.co.uk/index.php?topic=9070.0 and I'm not sure now if they're the same binos but they look identical apart from the eyepiece dust caps. Also, the Bresser binos have twist up eyecups but the Meade binos have rubber fold-down eyecups.

</edit>

Archived