Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M8 Lagoon Nebula

davy999

This looks like the best of all you posted up to me, it could be very good! I have to ask though why not spend more time on a single target and get a very good image instead of trying to bag everything going? :)

Hi Shaunster

I was expecting the thin cloud to build each night so just did a short time on each, but the nights stayed quite clear and I ended up with lots of reasonable images and none that are great, will have to learn to stay on one target more, also I was having a bit of a Messier Marathon this weekend.

AstroLuke

NLO = Norman Lockyer Observatory, Sidmouth, Devon (link in signature)

Hi kk4df

What setup did you use?

I use a Meade LX90 8" with Orion ST80 guidescope and Phillips SPC900 webcam, guided using PHD software. Fairly simple and cheap for me, considering I already had the small netbook available.

There is a lot that's impressive in the image from a little 66. I have one too. I don't think the colour balance is right, though. The Lagoon is an Ha dominated emission nebula so it really ought to be red rather than orange.

Olly

Archived