Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC6888 - Crescent Nebula in Ha

GordonH

Hi

This is another start of a tri-colour narrow band image, this time it is NGC6888 and so far I have managed to get 7x30 minutes of Ha data with the FSQ106ED at f5, Starlight Xpress SXVF H9 on a Paramount ME auto guided by a Lodestar and OAG using dithering. This combination gives a nice field of view to give the nebula a bit of context with its surroundings. Again the processing has been fairly simple with just levels and curves being used. I have tried this subject numerous times before both in monochrome and colour with a variety of scopes and camera combinations. These earlier images can be seen on my website

Imaging The Heavens - Home Page

I will be adding some OIII and SII as soon as the clouds clear again. A full size image can be seen at the following link

NGC6888 - Crescent Nebula in Ha photo - Gordon Haynes photos at pbase.com

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877627297_thumb.jpg

I think you have it, Gordon! I can't see there being much left from a scope of that aperture...

Can we tempt you to have a crack at the nearby Soap Bubble? You have the mount for the long subs that it needs.

Olly

Archived