Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

diy 200p dob base 2

scogyrd

I built this today and thought I'd share the plans with everyone.

2011-07-02172014.jpg

The alt-bearings are attached straight onto the old bearings. I did this by taking the old bolts out and replacing them, the other way round, with longer ones. I decided to do it like this because I was having trouble keeping the bearings parallel with each other with my tube rings.

2011-07-02180811.jpg

I thought it'd be safer to have the nuts on the outside too, that way I can see if they ever start coming loose so there is no danger of them falling onto the mirror. Until I can get some smaller bolts I've covered them with corks so I don't take anybody's eye out. I intend putting ebony star on the bearings, once they've been painted, too.

2011-07-02172145.jpg

The az-bearing is a lazy susan and I've used a piece of teflon, which I originally made for the proper mount's fixed bolt mod, for the pivot hole.

2011-07-02172322.jpg

I'm too tired now to write an in-depth report of exactly how I did everything so if anybody has any questions feel free to ask.:)

And, before I forget, here's the google sketchup plans.

Archived