NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

last nights hard target: SH2-101 Tulip Nebula, B146,NGC 6871 & Cyg X-1 black hole

jsigone

This a faint sucker or super hard for DSLR!!! I feel like I'm doing unguided images again!! I tried 5min subs and barely pulled through, 8 mins was a bit better. I pushed my mount to 10mins and as a result I had to throw out half the subs. SNR is weak and grainy but I'll take this:lookaround: I couldn't process it too much otherwise I'd lose what little detail I have.

Settings:

60min of data...threw out allot of subs

ISO 1600, 6 x 10min, 8 darks& 50 flats

Software:

Nebulosity 2, CS4,Fitworks

5890875925_13162ff547_z.jpg

SH2-101 Tulip Nebula, B146,NGC 6871, Cyg X-1 black hole in 6x10min by jsigone, on Flickr

The tulip is showing pretty well really, but as you suspect, not the easiest target on these light nights.

What was the problem with the 10 min subs? Is your polar alignment a little out? or just washed out? For these targets a clip in Ha filter would really help, especially at this time of year.

Cheers

Tim

my CG5 is overloaded so it jumps around or the wind kicks on the OTA. I can do 5-6min w/ 95% or better keepers. Still trying a few setting out to see if I can get near that rate at longer exposures. I suspect wind more then anything looking at the PHD graph. It will track fine then DEC will jump and try to recover.

Archived